Q: Why don’t you allow intact male cats to board with you?
A: All our cats are boarded in the cat room and take turns playing on the cat climbers. Unfortunately, intact male cats not only mark their territory, but their urine is particularly strong and pungent. Neutering results in a more normal urine odor and reduces the urge to mark territory. Many owners claim that their male cats are cleaner, less odorous and better self-groomers after neutering.
Q: What do I need to bring for my pets stay?
- Individual meals prepackaged per feeding. This ensures that your pet receives exactly the amount of food you feed at home.
- Favorite toys. All toys remain in your pet’s kennel and will not be shared with others.
- As many treats as you wish your pet to have. Please inform the receptionist how many treats per day are allowed.
- Your pet’s favorite blanket. Fusion supplies blankets to pets that do not bring one from home.
Q: Can I put my pet’s medication in the prepackaged individual meals?
A: No. Prescription medication must be in the original bottle from your vet. Our Vet Techs will administer medication as prescribed. Note: Non-prescription pills such as fish oil tablets, etc. may be put in food.
Q: Is there an extra charge for administrating medications to my pet?
A: No. There is no extra charge.
Q: What vaccinations does my dog require?
- All dogs must be up to date on Rabies, Distemper and Bordetella.
- Had a negative fecal test within the past 12 months.
- Be on a flea & tick preventive from April to November.
Q: What vaccinations does my cat require?
- All cats must be up to date on Rabies and Distemper.
- Indoor/outdoor cats require a yearly Feline Leukemia vaccination and a negative fecal test within the past 12 months.
- Indoor only cats require a once-in-a-lifetime Feline Leukemia test.
Q: Do you allow early drop-offs?
A: Yes, providing you request an early drop-off each time you need one. In addition, prior to your pet’s stay you must:
- Bring everything your pet will need for the stay.
- Complete the intake process as if your pet was with you.
- Tell us the exact time you will be dropping off so that we can have someone ready to greet you.
Q: Do you allow late pick-ups?
A: Yes, providing you request late pick-up when making your reservation each time you require one, and that the staff person on duty that evening has approved the late pick-up. The late pick-up fee is $20.00 / hour past our normal closing times. For example, if you are 15 minutes to 1 hour late you will be charged an additional $20.00. If you are more than one hour late you will be charged an additional $20.00 / hour.